food is a common love for every member in my home. making a healthy scrumptious meal for my family to enjoy is a way to show my love.

last year I discovered my daughter and I were allergic to some food. she was having trouble potty training so I put us on an elimination diet and her troubles cleared up. at that point it felt like we both had reactions to soy, refined sugar, dairy, wheat and fish. being a vegetarian already, the list of food to consume dropped dramatically. through research and much trial and error I came to learn wheat is in EVERYTHING! and soy! about 6 months ago my daughter and I went to an allergist and he confirmed we were both allergic to wheat and cantaloupe. since then we eat little of the things we have reactions to and no wheat.

all recipes are simple and relatively fast. we have 4 people in our family so most will feed four. everything posted is wheat free, little dairy and soy. I am currently putting together a cookbook that will be simple, wheat free and almost vegan (I eat honey).

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

morning shake

many of my mom friends that care about their health tell me they drink shakes in the am for breakfast. for me the only thing I want in the am is coffeeeeee! besides being addicted it wakes me up and comforts me in my 5min of daily alone time. I'm not trying to kick to coffee bc a lot of time i need the pick me up and i do not want to go through withdrawal. this morning I decided to try and combine both ideas for something more nourishing to my bossy and am mind.

brewed my normal am double shot of expresso, added coconut milk, half a banana, 1T flax, 1T chia seeds and a scoop of ice > blend!


yum! I am a fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment